WORK AT IPS
Fraud Specialist (Cloud Computing)
There’s never been a better time to join us! Diverse candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Our Fraud Specialists (Cloud Computing) review and analyze cloud-computing account activity to identify suspect behavior. They evaluate and respond to escalations from customers whose accounts have been blocked, or who have reported unauthorized activity. In addition, they analyze and evaluate large-scale data sets to identify and mitigate patterns of fraudulent activity and/or policy or TOS abuse.
What the day looks like:
- Review queued transactions to independently determine if the behavior is indicative of suspect or harmful activity
- Conduct investigations on transactions by gathering and analyzing evidence and interpreting data to make informed decisions about account activity/customer behavior
- Identify patterns in fraudulent or abusive transactions, work to recognize new patterns as they emerge and share key pattern-recognition information with colleagues
- Identify opportunities for improvement in client tools and risk strategy, internal team processes, fraud evaluation criteria and client-team collaboration
- Critical thinking – Successful candidates are inquisitive and able to think outside the box. They naturally ask “why,” then understand how the responses to that question fit together to tell a story about what’s happening
- Exceptional problem-solving skills – Successful candidates identify new solutions and aren’t afraid to try them
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across platforms
- Excellent attention to detail – Successful candidates notice nuanced changes or recognize patterns of information & behavior
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and collaboration skills in a cross-functional team environment across multiple locations
- High degree of proficiency in Windows OS & MS Office software; SQL experience is a bonus!
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud services/cloud computing/application data usage, including legitimate revenue-driving practices and the motivations of bad actors on these platforms
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing project-specific tools, open source research methods, and data management techniques
- Ability to effectively search the internet and make connections between data points
- Ability to speak multiple languages is highly desirable
Our Fraud program provides coverage 365 days a year. Eligible candidates must be prepared to work shifts that include weekends and holidays. While we’re all currently working remotely, we anticipate that employees will return to our Erie, PA office.
We hire qualified candidates who are legally eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Starting salary is $35,360. IP Services offers a casual work environment with paid health care, vision, dental and life insurance for individuals. We also offer long & short-term disability coverage, 401k, profit-sharing, and bonuses, as well as paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.