WORK AT IPS
Bogus tech support scams. Counterfeit medication. Fake COVID tests. You can help stop that.
IP Services is looking for individuals with creative mindsets who can think on their feet and are comfortable talking with complete strangers on the phone. Whether you’re engaging with scammers or assisting with test purchases, the work you do here makes us all safer!
What the day looks like:
- Engage in calls with suspected scammers and resellers to develop intelligence
- Create case files
- Search online for sellers, capture images of listings, research target identity
- Conduct undercover test purchases under direction of experienced investigator
- Receive, photograph and label evidence, create chain of custody
- Update tracking files and databases
- Draft detailed investigation reports and follow up with clients
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and re-prioritize daily tasks
- Ability to follow detailed directions
- Ability to communicate with sellers or scammers under assumed identity via phone, text, email, or message boards
- Strong verbal communication skills with ability to maintain composure during difficult conversations
- Ability to write detailed, comprehensive notes and reports
- Demonstrated proficiency in internet research and use of MS Office applications
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-moving team environment
- Enthusiasm for technology, including computer networks, virtual machines, VPN technologies, and cyber security highly desirable
We hire qualified candidates who are legally eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Salary is commensurate with experience, with base wages starting around $35k+/yr. IP Services offers a casual work environment with paid health care, vision, dental and life insurance for individuals. We also offer long & short-term disability coverage, 401k, profit-sharing, and bonuses, as well as paid vacation, sick time, and holidays. For the safety of our staff and their families, IP Services requires all on-site employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.